Sometimes when stressed or run down we get tunnel vision and everything gets distorted. We are then unable to have or express positive thoughts and emotions.
Promoting positive thoughts
The trick to positive thinking is doing things to promote the habit. Also, it is totally healthy and normal to have negative thoughts, and sometimes entertaining them for a bit is healthy, as long as you stop or change them afterwords.
Keep on making lemonade even if life decides to give you MANY unusable lemons.
My techniques for positive thinking
1. Limiting your worrying thoughts 💭 I do something called worry time. That means I entertain negative and worrisome thoughts for an hour a day, then once the hour is done I put them in a box and focus on other things.
2. Practice gratitude
3. Take up a positive, stress-free hobby
4. Keep a journal
5. Read positive books and quotes, or watch uplifting movies
6. Self Affirmations
9. Work on your self-esteem
10. Limit your time on social media
12. Reconnect with nature
13. Spend time with positive people in your life
All these techniques can help you de-stress, refocus and continue to keep on thinking positively.
Reproduced with permission, originally posted on sexyfearlessfierce